Class D is just Dandy!

I thought it was time we had a pro- Class D thread. There's plenty of threads about comparisons, or detractors of Class D.

That's fine, you don't have to like Class D amps, and if you don't please go participate on one of those threads.

For those of us who are very happy and excited about having musical, capable amps that we can afford to keep on 24/7 and don't require large spaces to put them in, this thread is for you.

Please share your experiences with class D amps!
erik_squires
@mdeblanc - I used the power cables that came with the amps.  I don't put much stock in swapping power cables.  It is never been proven they impact sound and people claim they hear a difference but in blind tests they can't.  Their ears fail them when their eyes can't see.  

I have two PS audio signature power cables that came with a PS Audio PCA-2 preamp I bought not long ago.  I use one for the PS Audio HCPS and one for my Sony HAP-Z1.  I don't notice any difference in the sound.  I will ebay the power cables and use the money to buy CDs or High Res files.

i just bought a Luxman integrated amp to save space, and will probably sell the Meraks and the PS Audio preamp and HCPS to pay for the Luxman.

@sfseay

Not sure about how sighted tests of power cables would even work.... May be some rare sighted people are able to hear through their eyes instead of their ears?!

Oddly enough, I experience no difficulty discerning differences amongst power cords, exotics and inexpensive ones alike. On the other hand, what would I know.... I have been as blind as a bat in a sealed barrell of tar for the last 33 years. All my audio tests have been totally blind ones since 1984.

I must be really unfortunate, being bount to  listen to music only through my ears *Grins!*

G.

Like I said once before, to the ones that have blinkers on, they will be the first to change to the higher switching frequencies when they become available, that's almost a given. 
As for now maybe just trying to protect their investments, with ignoring that the higher switching frequencies will give them what many hear is a problem with Class-D, which effects the upper mid/highs.

Cheers George  

Hi George, it is quite possible that an increase of switching frequencies by by a factor of 2, 5 or possibly 10 might very well enhance the sound of well designed class D amps.... Or at least, such higher frequencies might be a contributing factor.

I have not heard the new Panasonic that use these new transistors, so I do not know how they would compare to the current crop of the better class D amps.... But sure am curious.

And when reproduced music becomes even more enchanting than what I experience now from my Rowland M925 monos, I'll be the first one to celebrate the event.

Have you heard these new Panasonic amps yet? If you have, please let us know your first hand impressions.

Saluti, G.