Cheap amp $300 to use with Vandersteen 2ces

Currently, the Vandersteens are being powered by a Rotel RB-956AX in bridged mode for 150w/c. I am selling the center channel and so will be going to 2 channel only.

I have been told that Rotel in general is not a good match for Vandersteens. What other manufactures would you recommend that would match well with the Vandersteens? Now that I only need two channels, I would assume going to a dedicated 2 channel amp would be better than a 6 channel amp bridged to 3.
taylormade2

Showing 2 responses by unsound

FWIW, many years ago Richard Vandersteen told me that some of the Rotel amps were amongst his first choice for a minimum investment amp for his speakers. He also suggested that more money spent would be well worth it. My humble suggestion is to save your money for a used McCormack.
Taylormade2, IMHO the DNA 0.5 will probably be more dynamic, liquid, tighter in the bass, and more extended at the top. The CA 100 will probably be warmer, less forward, and drier. IMHO the Vandersteen's and the McCormack are one of the best audio combination/values in all of audio. That is not a slam against the Classe' where in other situations (Thiel?) it might be a better choice.