Cd's to make a come back in the future?

I heard a reviewer John Darko say he thinks cd's will make a come back. Does anyone think so to?
I have no intention of selling/giving away my cd collection now or ever.
Thoughts?
128x128gawdbless
I do not think I could ever or would even like to entertain the idea of just playing vinyl or just playing cd or just streaming.

Sorry but I want the whole 9 yards and mostly have it.

Only thing missing right now is a r2r unit and I am sure the itch will make me buy one sooner or later.

One experiment I am going to try this morning is to record a 24/96 stream to my Nak cassette deck and see how it sounds on playback.
I said:

"Even low end CDPs sound good and can be used as transports."  

@inna said:

"No way, totally wrong. Besides, transport is at least as important as dac, some people don't know it."

No, not wrong at all. As inexperienced as I am I have had the opportunity to listen to some good CDPs, some fair CDPs and some $14 CDPs. The $14 CDPs sound 'good'. Not as good, not fantastic, but certainly not off-putting or awful and the differences are often subtle.

We could argue all day about what 'good' means, but that was not really the point. The point is that in comparison with the other popular physical medium, vinyl, you don't have to spend tons of money to exploit the basic value of the media. In a recent vinyl thread a member was told that he might as well not even think about vinyl unless he's willing to spend a grand or more and to not even bother with a $350 TT.

A $350 CDP will do a reasonable job whereas conventional wisdom is that a $350 TT will not.
I can’t imagine CD’s coming back. With Vinyl there is the analog “warmth” e.g. dust and crackle ;-) and process of cleaning and caring for the vinyl and turntable to feel nostalgic about. CD’s are about the digital reproduction of studio music sessions to get the best copy possible for playback in digital form. Tidal provides this level of reproduction for a monthly fee and other music download sites provide a better than CD digital copy for purchase. There are at least 5 sites that allow purchase of DSD and FLAC music that is currently the best reproduction of music available anywhere. For me, streaming is best for day to day music listening due to selection and introduction to new music and DSD/FLAC for best possible format critical listening sessions for beloved songs and artists. 

68pete

My CD/SACD collection continues to grow yearly as well. These silver shiny discs are not going away anytime soon.  Happy Listening!