Showing 14 responses by cb3489

I received the Muzishare X9 today..It is very good and comparing to X7 it is bigger in every size, dimensions, tubes, transformers, knobs etc...and sound bigger too. First day test I noticed that X9 as SET is more picky on the speakers and the speaker ohms. I will keep testing and roll some 6sn7 and 6sl7s first etc...
Team, i am kind of new to tubes comparing to others, only involved last 8 months or so. I started with Muzishare X7...Push-Pull 4xKT88s.
I also have KEF 105/3 that I renewed painfully, all donuts and capacitors.
I keep reading about SET...so I wanted to try SET and compare.
I am also planning get Tekton perfect 15s if KEFs would be hard to drive with 8W 300Bs etc...
I also build raspberry stream with HAT digital out, trying Ethernet to Digital streaming source.
I have Ares II as R2R DAC.

Muzishare has 2x300bs...I believe those 2 more looks like 300b but they are 274b i think...used as rectifiers. 
I also learned that Cayin is mostly 220v...I am in the USA so 120V is on Muzishares...
i agreed. I ordered Tekton perfect set 15 a couple of days ago. 8 to 10 week delivery estimate. I am  also planning to buy Muzishare X9 as well soon. 
Also let me give some more info about kef 104/2 and 105/3 and tube amp triode mode 24, ultra linear 45w kt88s. In triode mode 1 or 2 o’clock area i assume 12 14 watt kefs and muzishare x7 shakes the house and i feel the bass in my lungs. But i like low watts with full air music so that is why i am still experimenting to go to 8 wattsh set and tekton 15 inch woofer 8 ohm stuff. For someone wants loud music these amps and speakers combinations seems to be pretty satisfactory. 
@charles1dad 
thank you. Using 105/3s in 4ohm mode. 8ohm mode some how generated distortion after 11oclock level. As expected Kefs wants lots of current i assume. Tekton perfect set 15 i ordered,  12 weeks wait time so another 9 weeks to go. That would be a great test. I also test audioquest and requisite cables. Ares ii and raspberry pi streaming stays same. X7 is really good too but X9 sound debt and larger sound is good. Big price difference though X9 is 1k more. I guess we get what we pay for. Both are amazing value. I need to figure out how to share photos here. 
No. I like manual anyway it feels like i have the control. By the way Tekton perfect set 15s came a couple of days ago. I am really happy with the great match. 
No power tube rolling. It has been confirmed that they muzishare branded psvanes 300b. Changed preamps with tungsols. Made huge difference. Bass is very different than x7. If you are in los angeles area you can come and listen:) 
@charles1dad 
KEFs are amazing but Tekton is more detailed and more wider sounding. old vs new perfect example. KEFs each crossover has 13 capacitors and multi stage filtering vs simple crossover with 3 mundorf oil capacitors. My friend brought 1w old Decware amp. These power hungry KEFs both 104/3 and 105/3 did really good too we were surprised. But again Tekton was little more detailed and natural. I also added Tekton 4-10 sub to tekton perfect set 15s. I love lots of bass low volume :)
@slowestrider i am new to hifi i only experiment 18 months in this hobby. But what you said sounds correct. Kt88 push pull to my taste won against Cambridge audio azure 851a. So i sold azure. Now between kt88 push pull vs 300b set i kind of feel like  the same comparison as azure but not as much. So i feel lucky to have both x7 and  X9. 
@slowestrider congratulations. My came with Chinese as well :) nfb i liked up position. I don’t know the db difference. 300b and 274 are only 4 pin vs 8 pin kt88 or 6550 so I believe that is why we feel like they are not tight but actually they are and very good grip they have. I doubled checked when you messaged. 

@charles1dad ​​​​@slowestrider 

i finally upgraded all tubes on X9 :) i got PSVANE Acme 300b and PSVANE 274B Tii. Using Tektons perfect set 15s.  The sound is really good. It improved amazingly. Huge bass sound level and more noticeable details. Every upgrade makes so much difference i wonder if there is any end to spend more money on hifi :) 

@slowestrider Oohh my God, I bought opus ii last month too :) it indeed made a big difference too. 
i am glad you fixed your amplifier issues. That  is one of the reasons i love tube amps. We can just open it and fix it or upgrade it of course if someone is into it.