cartridge on budget table?

at what point do experienced vinyl guys draw the line when it comes to spending on cartridge vs looking into a better table? I have a old Onkyo 1027p and the Audio technice budget cart isnt seeming to cut i, very etched high frequency....can anyone guide me in a good direction for performance on the cheap, sorry to add but a disability limits my funds a great deal, I also think a more laid back top end sound would suit my very detailed speakers well, also for info I am using a PS Audio 4.5 Pre for phono with Innersound Eros speakers fed by a tube pre, thanks all, I have caught a glimpse of the vinyl magic but hope to try diffrent semi-budget needles on my table till hopefully one day a more precise table can be had,,,again thank you for your time and help, Chad
chadnliz

Showing 2 responses by judy426

It wasn't meant as a slam Chad only an existing possibility. The reality of the situation is that you might be getting the most out of the combination, no more no less. Jeepers.
Could be your performance is simply maxed out. Hard to draw blood from a rock you know.
:-)