Can I use just half the biwire?

Hiya, I have biwires I like. Can I use them on non-biwire speakers?

Meaning, the unused two leads are dangling unused (and not touching of course)? 

Is this somehow bad for the amp? 

128x128zufan
If you want to use them that way put some shrink wrap or electrical tape on each dangling end to prevent an accidental short.
I’m just thinking off the top of my head and I use Purist shotgun biwire Museus cables but if you only connect it as a single run cable are you using only half of the wires capability? I’m thinking if you have a 12 gauge wire x 2 and you only connect one of them are you using only half of it’s potential? I'm thinking impedance and resistance differences here. Any feedback on this
@boss302 - That’s why Lowrider and I, responded as we did(ie: 2 x 12 AWG = 9 AWG).

short answer:
cut the bananas off and strip the insulation back and use bare wires if it is a push button opening affair.

I own a pr of speakers with push buttons that open so bananas can be pushed in from top or bottom, but not open enogh for two conductors to fit in well. bummer if that is your situation..

otherwise:
I’ve used bi wire spkr cables since, forever. some of these cable makers construct their bi wires so one half is tuned to the upper end, and the other pair is for the lower end drivers.

I’d spend tthe 10 or 20 bucks on adapters to get both pairs onto the speaker binding posts if it were me.

this is of course with the understanding those banana plugs don’t unscrew any so the other pr of spkr wires can be fit into the slots made available as the plug is unscrewed.

why bother?
1 as said, you’ll have a better conduit for the signal with more strands attached.
2 they might just be ‘tuned pairs’ aimed at or for specific regions or drivers on the loudspeakers.
3 no one wants to deal with a shorted out amp because wires were crossed or grounded to something somehow.

if you just like to see dangling active wires then cover them up with non conductive stuff as they are ‘live’ and a possible serious problem waiting to happen. kids, pets, vacuum cleaners, etc.
This is what I bought / use.

https://www.ebay.com/p/4-Pcs-Hi-end-Banana-Spade-Adapter-Plug-Speaker-Cable-Connector/1184934218?iid...

They work great, I switch between speakers with single posts and double (bi-wire) with ease and peace of mind.

Well worth the the money.