Cambricge 840v2 vs NAD 372? as interim amp

OK identified two low cost integrateds to use with my Ohm Walsh 2s100s for interim basis, namely Cambridge 840Av2 and NAD 372. Both will allow me to convert them to pre amps later if I want or can be moved to a bedroom system and can be got around $700-1100 with power at 100wrms or better. I listen to lots of jazz, acoustic, female vocals and classic rock, singer songwriter. I have no way to hear either so both are to be bought off the net unheard. Source is Cambridge 740CDP.Anyone familiar and can evalu? Thanks in advance.
joekapahulu

Showing 2 responses by knownothing

Cambricge 840v2 vs NAD 372 - take the Cambridge

Cambricge 840v2 vs new NAD C 375BEE Integrated Amplifier - would be a tougher choice.

Depends on what you like - The Cambridge is going to be a little more dynamic but is very natural and neutral sounding for a mid-level solid state integrated - a noticeable improvement over the first generation 840. The new c 375BEE is going to advance NAD's classic warmth and smoothness, but is closer electronically to their top line M3 integrated in a cheaper box. Pick your preference and you can't go wrong with either of these.
You cannot go wrong on any of these - Peachtree is wonderful as well. I had similar experience as described by Johnnyb53 with their lesser model.

In any case - they all deserve an upgraded power cable - nothing too fancy needed, but would definitely add to your enjoyment. I might suggest something like a new or used Analysis Plus Power Oval 10, Shunyata Diamondback, VH Audio Flavor 4, or even a Signal Cable MagicPower Cord.