Bricasti M3 In the house

Just got a Bricasti M3 with the Ethernet renderer module. Looking forward to breaking this piece in. First impressions are: it’s a winner. I am curious what ways folks who have this DAC (or other Bricasti models) run it; over ethernet or USB? I will report my findings as the days tick by; Right now it’s cooking on ethernet out of my InnuOs Zenith MKIII into an ether-regen into the M3;
Thanks!
Dave
128x128dpac996
Hi @teajay 
yes. Mike is a very experienced audiophile and knows the gear very well. I highly recommend Audio Archon! Super happy customer here.
Hi Terry,
I assume you're using the Bricasti with a transport for Redbook? How does it compare with the Audio Mirror?
Thanks
FedEx just dropped off an M3 30 minutes ago. I'm very excited to ditch USB and have the rendering done in the M3, more tomorrow.

I see that Bricasti M3 page now says DSD 256 over DoP. Does this mean they've updated their digital input board? I also don't get how DSD 256 can be supported over DoP.

Also, does anyone know whether M3 volume control is active or passive?

@radiohead99 the M3 volume control is analog. The manual says range is -90 to +6 dB so I’m thinking there is an active stage;

256 dsd is 4x the normal 64DSD sample rate, correct? So the interface can easily handle the bitrate;