Bricasti M3 In the house

Just got a Bricasti M3 with the Ethernet renderer module. Looking forward to breaking this piece in. First impressions are: it’s a winner. I am curious what ways folks who have this DAC (or other Bricasti models) run it; over ethernet or USB? I will report my findings as the days tick by; Right now it’s cooking on ethernet out of my InnuOs Zenith MKIII into an ether-regen into the M3;
Thanks!
Dave
128x128dpac996

Showing 3 responses by klh007

FedEx just dropped off an M3 30 minutes ago. I'm very excited to ditch USB and have the rendering done in the M3, more tomorrow.
@gianlucanegro, The preamp TJ compared to was his CODA 07x. I compared my M3 with and w/o my VAC Sig IIa 2 box tube pre in my system, direct is a touch more detailed, tonal balance slightly leaner, and soundstage not as huge, add in the Sig IIa and lose a smidge of detail, gain more meat on the bones, and stage expands slightly. I thoroughly enjoy the M3 direct, listening to the system that way 75% of the time, for critical listening doing a review I add in the Sig IIa for a shot of tube deliciousness.

@garynospamm, The M3 does a great job driving my VanAlstine M225 monos, for evaluations and reviews and weekends I'll take 2 minutes to put the VAC in the system for that extra tube flavor. I think you will be surprised how well the M3 solo will drive your amp.