Bricasti M3 In the house

Just got a Bricasti M3 with the Ethernet renderer module. Looking forward to breaking this piece in. First impressions are: it’s a winner. I am curious what ways folks who have this DAC (or other Bricasti models) run it; over ethernet or USB? I will report my findings as the days tick by; Right now it’s cooking on ethernet out of my InnuOs Zenith MKIII into an ether-regen into the M3;
Thanks!
Dave
128x128dpac996
@briang no way! cool!
I had the PS Audio DSD too. Nice dac! Let me/us know what you find out!
Thanks,
Dave

My Ayre Codex DAC was excellent, but the unit was getting old and I wanted to try something else.  At that time Bricasti, just announced the M3 DAC.  After several phone calls with my retailer, and Bricasti, I purchased the M3 DAC in January 2020.  It took time for the M3 to break in BUT it was light years BETTER than the Ayre Codex DAC.   

Please note this is a 2-channel home theatre system.  My LG OLED TV connects to the M3 DAC and then balanced XLR cables to my SimAudio 340i integrated amplifier that connects to my PMC Twenty5.21 speakers. 

I like this system very much and highly recommend you consider the Bricasti M3 DAC.  The addition of the Bricasti M3 DAC substantially improved the sound quality of this system.

I used the DH Labs Glass Master Toslink Cable from my LG OLED TV to my Bricasti M3 DAC.  

I've had the M3 for awhile now...it's pretty awesome!! Currently running Aes/Ebu out of an Auralic Aries G1 to the M3! I'd say it sounds pretty good... actually really good!!🎸🎸
The M3 is a game changer for me;
I compared extensively USB to ETH; Result:
No more USB; In general, I have been up and down the USB link for 2 years. I dislike USB as an interface for high end digital audio--way too much involved to make it sound right; Just my opinion, please don’t shoot me, lol;

Bricasti’s Ethernet renderer implementation is superb. Not one dropout or issue as a Roon endpoint, or via its native UPnP streamer option (which I have been using a ton for direct streaming from Qobuz);
I have it down stream on the "B" side of an EtherREGEN and the rest of the network on the "A" side;

I ran a test and with a live Qobuz stream (44.1/16bit): I disconnected the Ethernet cable and music played for 43 seconds perfectly. Makes for nice network elasticity to buffer this deep; Also renders upstream buffers that may be in other servers and streamers a bit overkill.

The DAC is very enchanting and has immense musicality- the top end detail, extension, and sheer refinement is exceptional; I am hearing new information. Amazing amount of musical sophistication and performance in one very compact and beautiful chassis. Case work is topnotch, milled from AL stock for very low vibration. The mounting feet they deployed are quite substantial too;
Coming off the Chord TT2 the M3 portrays a noticeably wider soundstage, and significantly more space to the musical "throw"; It seems spherically bigger, IOW. The inner dynamics and subtle shadings are incredible. It is very natural and real sounding. Voices are pure and transparent. I could go on and on but i’m cutting it short. I’m just head over heels for this thing.
Mega respect to the Bricasti team on this product!

I tried a few different power cords with it, and wound up with an Audience AU24SE-HP; Just a wonderful synergy. Other cables: Triode Wire Labs American Digital, Nordost Brahma, IsoTek Optimum, Shunyata Venom NC-10;

Supporting cast:
Preamplifier: Luxman C-900
Power amplifier: Luxman M-900
Loudspeakers: Dynaudio Confidence 50
Speaker cables: Triode Wire Labs American
Power cord amp: TWL Obsession
Power cord pre: Nordost Brahma

System Pics:
https://imgur.com/a/OV8bIJ7

@dpac996  great looking room!
Question for you. Have you heard the other Bricasti dacs compared to M3? Like the M1SE or M12 or even the M21? In 2019 I heard all 4 at Axpona and even though they all are musical and have that clean full Bricasti sound the M21 was the best sounding IMHO.