Boulder monoblock 2150

Looking at the new Stereophile Magazine. Has anyone noticed the "32 Amp IEC Cord" on the back of the amplifier?  

N
nutty

Showing 3 responses by joey_v

I have the Boulder 2060 and I use a 20 amp 110v outlet. Are these 2150 requiring a 240v outlet standard? Or just the review samples? I believe standard 2150 is just like my 2060 and can utilize the usual 110v outlets but preferably a 20 amp dedicated one.

i believe it's just the review samples.

And btw, the 2060 sounds like a phenom.  I would assume the 2150 is better.  Though when I spoke to Boulder they recommended against the 2150 and just go with the 3060 instead for the same price.
@bdp24 

You mention:

" So back to the 2150. How close to it’s sound quality could Boulder get if the amps price point was $49,000? Or $29,000? And to what degree are they offering it out of a belief that if it’s priced high enough, it will appeal and sell to consumers desiring not just great sound, but bragging rights, or membership in an exclusive club, or whatever? Pride of ownership is one thing, vanity another."

Technically if you're looking at 49K, then you're pretty close to the 2160 stereo amp which is basically 1 monoblock.  At the 29K mark,youre about 20% above what the 1060 stereo amp retails. 

Boulder sells at a few price points, but I believe they are very expensive regardless.  It took me a lot of months to really decide if I were serious enough to make the jump to the 2060.  
I keep seeing this number 1% being thrown around here. 

I believe that number is actualy 0.1-0.01%.  That's who runs the country.  

With all these $100K amps, you think that the 1% can afford those?  

1% = 100K plus annual salary IIRC.  that's not who those amps are made for.