Bought a new McIntosh amp

Hello folks !
I just bought a new MC152 and now having doubts about my decision. I currently have Rotel RB-1552 mkII / RC1572 setup driving a pair of Paradigm 800f. I have not opened the sealed box yet because I’m thinking of returning the amp to be exchanged for new speakers (Klipsch) and an Rotel RB-1582 amp (more power 200w p/c).
While at Audio Advice store, I went in another demo room and listened to a Heresy IV driven by a different McIntosh setup ( MC462) and I was impressed but the mind was still on the path of getting the mc152 instead of replacing speakers.
Is it safe bet to just keep the mc152 and get a feel of speaker change later ?
I’d like to hear opinions good or bad about the MC152. Thanks !

switchman
No worries on the Mac.

I own something from all the brands you are talking about. I have McIntosh, Rotel amps, and receivers in the past (still use old Rotel on my rears). I own both Klipsch and Paradigm among other speakers. I have listened to all the Klipsch heritage line.

The MC150 was a fine purchase. Mac will not wow you with any one sound quality but they are solid performers all around and have a sense of musicality some other brands lack. Well worth keeping and growing with. It will not be the bottle neck for along time. The only down side of mac is there are no cheap preamps. The matching C49 is $5,000.

For sure the speakers and maybe the preamp are holding back the system. But I think you dodged a bullet on the heresy. They are a dumpster fire of a speaker imo. If you are going the Klipsch rout save up for the Forte IV. It is a much better speaker. It actually has bass unlike the heresy. It also sounds less boxy to my ear, less sharp in the upper mids too. Maybe even give the RP8000F a try. I know it might seem like a downgrade but it sounded pretty good on the MC462.

As for Rotel vs McIntosh I find rotel brighter and harder sounding. The Mac is much more refined. The difference in amps is subtle. The speakers and room trump everything.

Hersey review with Klippel measurements.
https://www.erinsaudiocorner.com

https://youtu.be/fRku8ACgVSc
Glad to hear it is breaking in. I will always run solid state gear 24 by 7 for the first 300 - 400 hours. This gets you quickly through the break-in.

When you recover financially, I would look for speaker. The used market can offer more cost effective choices.

Enjoy.
Buyers Remorse, when you haven't listened or broken it into your system? Does not compute for me.