Boston Acoustics A400's Anyone Remember?

Hi all,
I had a pair of Boston Acoustics A400's a long time ago and loved the mid's and high end sound from them. I thought they were weak in the low end and could have used another woofer. I am just getting back into audio and I see Boston Acoutics has just that now. The VS336 with the added woofer. I am considering purchasing the VS336 but I wanted to know if anyone had any other suggestions for speakers that sounded like the old A400's? Only better.
I liked the Boston Acoutics sound but I am keeping an open mind in purchasing. I see there are TONS of options out there. Budget minded of course.

Thanks
sundriednm

Showing 1 response by phipsd

My A400's can effortlessly produce wonderful liquid thunderous base but you need a really good amp to do so. I havent found anything better than my early 80's NAD 3020 receiver with these speakers. Classical, jazz, rock, CD or Vinyl it's all wonderful.

I've bought many newer and much bigger amps tried them out and took them back because they didn't sound as good as what I already have. A lot of modern equipment can't handle 4 ohm speakers well.