Blind Power Cord Test & results

Secrets of Home Theater and High Fidelity teamed up with the Bay Area Audiophile Society (BAAS) to conduct a blind AC power cord test. Here is the url:
http://www.hometheaterhifi.com/volume_11_4/feature-article-blind-test-power-cords-12-2004.html

I suppose you can interpret these results to your follow your own point of view, but to me they reinforce my thoughts that aftermarket AC cords are "audiophile snakeoil"
maximum_analog
Sean, I think Dragonman was goofing wit cha. Though he probably didn't learn (or want to--hey that's cool) a thing about clip and paste, many other audiophools have. I was one. Still got a thin skin, there? The power is in ssshhhh. tacit..no response...and a bit sweeter in the beside manner department.......don't beat me up..you're a power; lose the self-righteous bravado....peace, warren

Normally I would mail this to you on the aside, but you're very clear that you want all correspondences on the forum. You said to me before that open discussion concerning yours' or my dirty laundry is good for all? That's a paraphrase, not a direct quote. Something like that? Sean, this ain't a biggie...
I think one of the easiest way to judge any upgrade (power cord, tube amp, or isolation device ... etc.) is to install it, listen to it, and then remove it.

I'm sure all upgrades will sound different going in, It's the ones that you can't live without, when you remove from your system, that are usually the keepers.

On the link thing ... if it wasn't for a good poke in the eye with a sharp stick from Sean awhile back, I wouldn't have learned how to do THIS. I think the advantage of using the mark up tags is you can check your link before posting.

I can't tell you the number of times I've cut and pasted a string only to get a 404 error or "no address found", because the poster flipped something in the address. It is very frustrating looking forward to gaining some new info, and coming away with nothing.

Choose your pleasure THIS or This ... http://www.audiogan.com ... try and cut and paste this link and see what happens.
If the difference is enough to be audible, why not stretch out the session and decide if it's worth investing in?.

Who cares what wins the A or B test. Does anyone listen that way?

If you do determine there are differences between a and b, the test is over. There is no "winner", the only fact is the listener can hear a difference between a and b.

At that point you are free to go and decide which you prefer, a or b.

steve
Although I subscribe to the A vs B method, I do note that there are some very special situations where inadudible problems might become anoying over time. The one that comes to mind is an ultrasonic oscillation that you cannot hear but which adversely affects your hearing, or perhaps gives you a headache.

Very special situations. 99 percent of the time I think that A vs B will reveal any difference. And I don't see ,line cords in the category of things that would be a very special situation.
A/B testing just gives me flashbacks to my last eye exam.

which looks better to you? A ... or B? A .. or B? A or B? AorB? AorB?

Argh! Make it stop! I agree with albert. I prefer long term tests.