Better amplification for Thiel CS 1.5

A friend of mine sold me some Thiel CS 1.5 speakers earlier this summer (quite an improvement over my Infinity Reference speakers), and has started me down the audiophile path. I am currently running them with a Kenwood VR-407 5.1 receiver (5 X 100 w/ch @ 8 ohms), but I know these speakers can produce a better sound. I don't have very much money. Any recomendations would be welcome (I'd like to get Krell, Classe, or Rotel).
jakeb3
when my speakers are mating with my krell amp they make funny squeaky noises. I don't know if this is normal but it kinda makes me feel funny like when I used to climb the rope in gym class.
Have you considered the Omega Po&Pe? I've heard that the mating is pretty good there. For Thiels (which are right up there with Pioneer and Kenwood) you might also consider the Kwality 208st. Great sound.......budget price. nuche!
I have the 1.5's and have good sound with an Arcam Alpha 9 Int. amp. They compliment the 1.5's with rich, warm yet detailed sound. They do not play that loud and the amp shuts down if it works hard.