Best USB port on a late 2012 Mac mini

Hi guys, got me a late 2012 Mac mini with 16GB of ram, a 500GB ssd and a 1TB normal HD. I am running the OS and Roon from the ssd, my music library is on a 2TB ext HD connected to the mini with FireWire 800.
My question is this, when connecting my dac to the mini, is there, between the 3 USB port, one that is better sounding ? Like it used to be on the old Mac Book Pro ?
Thanks.
gryphongryph

Showing 2 responses by sns

I'll repeat no usb out of motherboards is optimal, usb renderers such as Innuos Phoenix or Uptone usbRegen will help, but doing thunderbolt to ethernet conversion and adding  FMC (otherwise known as optical conversion) and separate streamer (something like SOTM SMS200 or Sonore OpticalRendu) will be far superior to usb out, even with an added usb renderer. One can do the two FMC for less than $100, add the SOTM at $450 or used for less and have far superior sound than any usb port on mini.

Following link supplies directions and evaluations of this mod for minis, https://audiophilestyle.com/forums/topic/30376-a-novel-way-to-massively-improve-the-sq-of-computer-audio-streaming/

+1 on LPS. I use the Uptone MMK with JS-2 LPS, also only critical services enabled. Modded mac mini in entirely different league from stock mini. Do thunderbolt to ethernet conversion for direct ethernet out for another nice improvement, much better than usb out.