Best Silver ICs under 300?

From all the posts I've seen it looks like all silver wiring is the way for me to go (EVo amp, tube pre-amp, Talon Audio Khites, etc...). I need a lot of wire and can't afford the high-end wires, so what's a reasonable man to do if he wants detailed, musically envolving sound? What's the best silver cable at real-world prices?
kevint

Showing 1 response by hifiguy

Make your own solid silver interconnects for under $50!! Check out Greg Weaver's article "Silver Signal Tape" at www.soundstage.com/synergize/synergize021998.htm. He describes how to make an interconnect similar in design to Mapleshade's that blew away more expensive competition. At this inexpensive price, it's worth building a pair or 2 if you posess basic soldering skills and a couple hours of time. He ordered 220 feet of 30 gauge ("thinner is better") solid silver wire for $23.10 from Myron Toback, Inc. in NYC. Their phone is 212-398-8300. I haven't built a pair yet, but I plan to and at less than $50, how can you go wrong? At least you would have an interconnect that you could use in auditioning new cables in your system prior to purchase. Good Luck!