Best REL Subwoofer for Magnepan 3.6's

I am considering trying a subwoofer with my Magnepan 3'6's. The REL subwoofers seem to be highly praised and there is a decent supply of used ones available. What are you recommendations for the best REL to try? My room is fairly large at 17w x 26L x 9h.
stickman451

Showing 2 responses by james633

Jafant,

My system is cheap and simple. Wyred4sounds DAC2 (as dac/pre-amp) and their st500 amp (replaced my mcintosh mc252...). My interconnect/wire are just random kimber and wyred4sounds stuff that I all got used.

The thiels have been good (switching them out soon) but much better with subs high passed. Actually I am starting to think all speakers are better with Subs that are properly high passed, there is no going back.
Scolly,

I had the same type of success with a pair of JL audio E112 (with thiel 2.4). I use their built in high pass crossovers between the pre-amp and amp and it sounds great. The key to using subs is a good high pass crossover. I will be using subs on all my systems going forward. I crossover at 60hz but with the crossover I can really blend it anywhere between 100hz and 30hz if the gain is set right in the subs.