Best of 2014 so far with bitchin soundstage?

Okay so I know that this thread (best 2014) has been started before and I even picked up two of the releases mentioned. But here's the thing, I don't know what the deal is but at least half of what I've picked out(new) recently is centered between my speakers. Occasionally War on Drugs electronic atmoshpherics can fill out my room but man with the the exception of the occasional flourish it's right down the middle. Its so dissapointing to me mainly because I like the music Im hearing. Is music produced/mastered to/by listen(ing) through headphones possibly(which I don't have) or something. I think that would help me appreciate this kind of center filled presentation more with headphones but I really dont know for sure. Lee Scratch Perry's new one, Back on the Controls, same thing. Neko Case's new one similar presentation but better than some other releases :, ( Sunken Condos is approaching similiarI production as well. Another hyped release was Benmost Tench with an alleged analog recording chain, yada yada etc. Meh. I just upgraded my preamp so this might help on this one. It sure did with Anastasis- my god!-so that's how it should sound. This is just to name a few to let you know I am trying. Is it that two channel listening is not considered when producing because everyone is listening through ipods or whatever. I know my system doesn't suck-that's not it. Am I going to have to resign myself to those rare gems that I stumble on here and there or the the "audiophile" usual suspects. Why, why, why does this need to be the case. Is it more expensive, I mean who wouldn't want thier stuff to sound fking good on a good stereo? Its infuriating and what keeps me searching, which is part of the fun, but still music especially vinyl aint' cheap. I have been pleasantly surprised by decently priced Blue Note, Riverside, etc. rereleases though. This stuff was done right the first time around though. Anybody else feel me. Please suggestions of new music that is wonderfully produced. Maybe I'm new to the game is all and this is just the way it's been and always will be. I'll say this though alot of records from the old days 70's, and before, are predominatly better sounding. 80's to are not bad in some cases I've noticed. Thanks
128x128fourwnds
Sounds like the OP is more concerned about the "audiophile" experience than actually enjoying good music. My thoughts are that he will eventually mature in this hobby and those things aren't going to be as crucial.

Shakey
Gotta say it was embarrassing to me that that poor excuse for an advertisement program that aired last night is called the "American" music awards. Someone should sue for defamation of character.
Fourwnds: I noticed that neither you or any other posters here let their system/room be a part of the discussion. Without that, I don't see how one could begin to address your issue.
Fourwinds let me just say that with huge full range electrostatic panels I have never experienced the soundstage problems that irk you so.The other side of the coin,however,is illustrated by the debut LP of Bob Dylan.If you listen to a mono copy he is centered between the speakers.Just him,his guitar and harmonica.Life is good.If you are spinning a stereo copy the harmonica and guitar notes are wandering from left to right and back again.The bass notes are on one side and the treble notes will migrate to the other side.This is so annoying.To quote Gilda Radner"It's always something" My plan has always been buy scads of records and listen to the ones that sound good to you.
Ojgalli, thanks for your response.

It doesn't have the acoustic information needed to recreate a natural sound-field with the width, depth, and height you want to hear.

But, while informative what I want to hear is not just true stereo. That has it's place and time and listen to my Jazz records for this I guess. What I don't want to hear is an image bewtween my speakers that doesn't seem to be between them so narrowly. That seems to be the sound coming out of some newer(as in release times) records. Why is this I ask?

Ratbb2, thank you as well, I like it when my speakers dissappear and players have space and my new tube pre has helped considerably with this. Its just that some records have this, well, I have described it already. Is my VTA Correct ? I've given my best and neutral (level) seems to be best last time I messed with it when my old pre was in. That would be really cool to ba able to adjust this on the fly with all the differences in thickness. When I put on say Warnes-The Hunter, Dead Can Dance-Anastasis, my whole room is part of my sound-the speakers are not totally gone but the effect is basically there. Then I put on Jim Hall's-Concerto and man I had to call to complain, it was like mono. (real bummer here) Real Estate-Atlas another one. On the other hand Cat Stevens-Izitso, just wonderful! Also, Iron and Wine's-Kiss Eachother Clean( newer modern release btw) also wonderful. So what gives there seems to be some anomalies that just don't make sense.
Sorry 'bout the double post and wanted to mention that I bought the back up until the sound got a bit fuzzy then worked it back down until the blend of center and speakers were right . (VPI arm and table Lyra and Shelter carts)
Hi Fourwds , Thanks for the reviews . I listen mostly to Vinyl in my audio room and found that centered affect where you totally lose your speakers and many think thats the cats meow but I wanted more. So , after Tubes changes speaker placement cable...... I found that what I was missing the mark with was the VTA on my TT. I now get a wider wall of sound, even notice small deferences in Vinyl thickness and can adjust things on the fly. This may or may not pertain to you but as I read your review it came to mind. Now into best of 2014 Unfortunately The new Jack White is not going to make the cut for me, Initial thoughts are all gimmick while missing the mark. Mind you I think he is one of the contemporary greats. .
Hi Fourwds , Thanks for the reviews . I listen mostly to Vinyl in my audio room and found that centered affect where you totally lose your speakers and many think thats the cats meow but I wanted more. So , after Tubes changes speaker placement cable...... I found that what I was missing the mark with was the VTA on my TT. I now get a wider wall of sound, even notice small deferences in Vinyl thickness and can adjust things on the fly. This may or may not pertain to you but as I read your review it came to mind. Now into best of 2014 Unfortunately The new Jack White is not going to make the cut for me, Initial thoughts are all gimmick while missing the mark. Mind you I think he is one of the contemporary greats. .
I take it that you don't know the difference between stereo and two-channel. Stereo is recorded with two microphones about ear distance apart--that's it, nothing more, nothing less. It's the only way to capture the amplitude, time, and phase differences your ears need to hear in stereo. Most recordings are done using multiple microphones and multiple tracks. Later they're mixed down to two channels. That is not stereo. It doesn't have the acoustic information needed to recreate a natural sound-field with the width, depth, and height you want to hear. Read this link on Sound Location