Best of 2014 so far with bitchin soundstage?

Okay so I know that this thread (best 2014) has been started before and I even picked up two of the releases mentioned. But here's the thing, I don't know what the deal is but at least half of what I've picked out(new) recently is centered between my speakers. Occasionally War on Drugs electronic atmoshpherics can fill out my room but man with the the exception of the occasional flourish it's right down the middle. Its so dissapointing to me mainly because I like the music Im hearing. Is music produced/mastered to/by listen(ing) through headphones possibly(which I don't have) or something. I think that would help me appreciate this kind of center filled presentation more with headphones but I really dont know for sure. Lee Scratch Perry's new one, Back on the Controls, same thing. Neko Case's new one similar presentation but better than some other releases :, ( Sunken Condos is approaching similiarI production as well. Another hyped release was Benmost Tench with an alleged analog recording chain, yada yada etc. Meh. I just upgraded my preamp so this might help on this one. It sure did with Anastasis- my god!-so that's how it should sound. This is just to name a few to let you know I am trying. Is it that two channel listening is not considered when producing because everyone is listening through ipods or whatever. I know my system doesn't suck-that's not it. Am I going to have to resign myself to those rare gems that I stumble on here and there or the the "audiophile" usual suspects. Why, why, why does this need to be the case. Is it more expensive, I mean who wouldn't want thier stuff to sound fking good on a good stereo? Its infuriating and what keeps me searching, which is part of the fun, but still music especially vinyl aint' cheap. I have been pleasantly surprised by decently priced Blue Note, Riverside, etc. rereleases though. This stuff was done right the first time around though. Anybody else feel me. Please suggestions of new music that is wonderfully produced. Maybe I'm new to the game is all and this is just the way it's been and always will be. I'll say this though alot of records from the old days 70's, and before, are predominatly better sounding. 80's to are not bad in some cases I've noticed. Thanks
128x128fourwnds

Showing 1 response by shakeydeal

Sounds like the OP is more concerned about the "audiophile" experience than actually enjoying good music. My thoughts are that he will eventually mature in this hobby and those things aren't going to be as crucial.

Shakey