Best integrated for $500?

I'm looking to finally upgrade my old Onkyo receiver into a good integrated. I have the Onkyo, a Rotel 1072 cd, and a Creek DAC/passive preamp powering my golden, beloved Triangle Titus 202 speakers (on Mapleshade floor stands). I'm leaning towards Rogue Audio for a used integrated, but with my current set-up (and a small room), what would you all suggest for the $500 range (used)?

p.s. before my divorce a decade ago, my system was Maggie 3.6R's powered by an ARC VS-110 fed by a Blue Circle 2.1 pre and a Musical Fidelity cd player. I'll never go back to that level, but I do appreciate a beautiful soundstage.
128x128simao

Showing 1 response by simao

Thanks to all for your suggestions and grounded recommendations. @Jeff_Jones, you're right in that the bigbox mass-produced receivers (like the one I have - which earned good reviews when it came out) probably would do just as well as almost any similarly priced high-end integrated. Still, I can't help but be seduced by the allure of a high-end name integrated.

@Arni - thanks for a comprehensive review and suggestion. No confusion at all, but a lot of ideas. In fact, with the Rotel 1072 (which I just got on audiogon), I'm not even sure I need the OBH-14 anymore. It was formerly hooked to a NAD c521 cd player that finally bit the bullet.

Everyone else, I'm researching the names and possibilities you brought up. Thanks again!

s