Best DAC for around $2,500 or less

What are your opinions on the best DAC for under $2,500?  Looking at the Schiit Yggy or many of recommend Denafrips so looking at their Pontus.  Any thoughts on how these two compare?  It might be misguided by I tend to think your getting a little more for your money with a direct to consumer company like Schiit and I know they are highly regarded for their DACS.  Anything else to look at in this price range? 
mvrooman1526
I'm very happy with my Exogal  Comet Plus

The Exogal Comet is considered a high performance digital to analog audio converter playing up to 32/384k and DSD.The Comet does everything l like my DAC to do, including balanced and unbalanced analog outputs, digital volume control and asynchronous USB input. I bought mine as a demo for $2,000 with optional power supply

Thanks everyone for sharing their thoughts and recommendations.  It's been an educational experience.  I ended up buying an Audio Mirror Trubidor III used here on Audigon just now.  For now, the Node 2i will be the streamer until I'm able to update that to a dedicated streamer.    What is your preferred method to hook up your digital source to your DAC?  From the Node it looks like my options are either Coax or Optical.  I think I'll go with balanced XLR's from the DAC to the pre-amp.  
I also have the AM Tubadour and love it.  I would use coax over optical. 
While I have no idea if it’s the “best” under $2500, I too have been mighty impressed by the RME ADI-2. It is really smooth and detailed and comes pretty damn close to my PS Audio DirectStream - the PS Audio is more analog sounding for sure, with better scale, but in other aspects I have to strain to hear the difference. It’s impressed me much more than the Ayre Codex I had a while back. Need to try it with a better power supply, I suspect it may help the bass and scale. Review forthcoming.