Best budget preamp for Aragon 8008bb and Thiel 3.6

I am rounding out my "new to me" system. So far I have Thiel CS3.6's. For this very hard to drive speaker pair I have an Aragon 8008bb on order. Next are the preamp and source. The vintage and costs of the previous on the used market should give you some idea of where I am price wise.

I am not particularly interested in looks or bells and whistles. Sound is what counts. I once called myself a "connoiseur of the most for the least". Well, that's not quite true, but if I can get it done for less my wife is happy, and when my wife is happy I feel like a King!

I once again turn myself to those more expert than I (that means you)!

Thank you for any ideas you may have on a preamp for me,
Ron
starsandseas

Showing 3 responses by starsandseas

Gee, you opened up a can'o worms for me. Now I've got to learn a whole new technology! Promitheus TVC's. I didn't even know this product existed.

Sounds very interesting though, and I just might go for it, especially if I can find one used!

Thank you,
Ron
There is a PV-10 out there for $550. Is this a good deal? How do I know if the tubes are any good? How long to tubes last in preamps?

Thank you,
Ron
Czbbcl, how do you thing this pre-amp would sound as compared to a Bottlehead Foreplay III? I can actually get one of these kits for less than the CJ and it seems like it has more going for it, like new tubes for example. It also has more tubes and seems to be a bit more advanced in design than the CJ.

Is this correct?

Thank you,
Ron