Best Bass On CD Vote 2001=JAMES CARTER

Sure, in past years I would have nominated a number of killer bass cd's including recordings by Migus, Pastorius, Bela Fleck, Victor Wooten, Husky Jr, B White, TLC, R.L. Jones,the list goes on,and on, but right now my vote(it's my post) and until I am otherwise convinced, the undisputed winner and all time (at least 2001) champion of the killer bass (i.e. may blow your shit up unless got bagend or comparable <30hz) award goes to JAMES CARTERS'Chasin the Gypsy. Rules: No synth'o'poo, real instruments, albeit close mic'ed and wet, and not limited to for example the unF#$@%ingbelievable bass sax on JC's cd,but open to any instrument including voice. Other rules may follow. I am watching you guys and you too-few-gals and insist you keep it on topic. Long live Django!!!
stu_pidaso

Showing 3 responses by wirehead

Damn, I had that disk in my hand yesterday and put it back. How 'bout track 7 of the new Patricia Barber?
Stu: On your recomendation I picked up this disc. Wow is that first track fun or what? I would have to agree that this is one of the best recorded albums I've heard in a long time. I still think "Autumn Leaves" has one of the best bass solos this millenium so my opinion is unchanged but thanks for the tip.