Best audiophile earwax removal system?

I hadn't cleaned the wax from my ears for a few months, and was amazed when I did so.

The imaging improved even more than it did from inserting  a $10K mains cable.

I just used an awkward little bottle of wax remover.

Any suggestion re ear-cleaning kits that are easy to use and effective?

oliver_reid

My aunt was a nurse and she taught me some 60 years ago to lay on my side and pour some hydrogen peroxide in my ear. It tickled and tingled for 10 minutes and loosened up all the wax. Have a kleenex at the ready when you raise your head and you finish it off with some Q-Tips and a syringe. Works every time.

All the best,
Nonoise

Timely post.  I just performed an "upgrade" to the Debrox system (which was  recommended by my doctor).  I picked up a better irrigation system - Nuance Medical EarClear Rx.  There are quite a few offerings like this.  And the pressure generated more closely approximates what my doctor performed.

I would caution you to have this done by a professional first, as the sensation of the stream flushing your ear is a bit odd (not painful).  In this way, you can get a sense of an acceptable pressure to safely inject.

With the above spray pump, I approach it cautiously each time I use it.  You never know when something like this can go out of spec ;-)

Note that for the Debrox system, there are several less expensive alternatives - especially if you don't want to wastefully purchase the "ear bulb" with each bottle of cleaner.

... Thom @ Galibier

What are the dimensions of the room you plan to clean your ears in? Budget???