best amp for rinning 802n under 1200

any amp used for 1200 or lower iam currently running two adcom gfa 555's
ginntonic
For speakers as nice as 802's, you should be willing to spend more than $1200 for a SS power amp. Adcom is not the way to power these speakaers. I used the 8008BB with my 802's and the sound was far too bright. A $1200 tube amp will sound better than any cheap SS. There are a few SS amps that would work well, but they will cost more than $1200, even used. Sorry that this did not solve your problem.
I have had enormous success with a Musical Fidelity A300 integrated (on the N804's) if you want to go the route of an integrated.
Otherwise I would suggest a used Aragon 8008BB (one hell of an amp!)
Otherwise.. sell the N804's (or N802's) until you can afford to drive them with an amplifier that will let you appreciate what they can do.
I concur with all of the previous recommendations:

My N802s are currently run by B&K 250wpc monoblocks: these are about $1,300 (each) new, or $2.6k: used, they're great. The Aragon 8008BB and the Bryston 4B-ST are also fine.

For the N802s, spend more money on your source equipment: DVD & CD players: they are transparent.
I would imagine high power Brystons should be pretty good for N802 in the price range that you are looking for. I use Sonic Frontiers Power 3s to drive my 802s. I just love the 802s with tube amplification, because I feel the highs on the 802s could be to bright at times. The tube power somehow softens it a bit.
I have B&W 802n's and have been powering them very nicely with an Aragon 8008BB, which you can pickup up used for close to that amount. In fact, it's for sale if you're interested.