best amp for a Maggy 1.7i

I am looking for the most detailed amp for a 1.7i under $1,500.

The amp will be between the 1.7i and a Topping d70s. I use the d70s to control the volume.

The d70s is fed by a Bluesound Node. Or, sometimes, directly by a CD player.

I have a fetish for detail.

I’m thinking NAD 268.

Currently using a B&K EX-442 Sonata and not satisfied.

jros

My friend used a NAD integrated amp and I am impressed with the sound per dollar of his system. 

I recognize that an improve from end can let Maggies shine; I disagree NAD isn’t a nice match at the Op’s budget 

I have been using my AGD Audion and Gran Vivace to drive my Maggie 1.7.

Several friends have reached Nirvana too with their 30.1 and the Audion.

I think you will get the detail you want with a high-current tube amp that you will have to buy used at your price range.

Unfortunately, most of those are about twice your budget.  Maybe save up for a while and get what you NEED.  You have the best speakers money can buy.  Don't short-change yourself with a less-than-ideal amplifier, please.

Cheers!

A PS Audio Stellar S300 at 140 watts @ 8 Ohms and 300 watts @ 4 Ohms, should drive those Maggies.  It sells new for $1650 and can be found used for $800 to $900.  PS used to offer discounts with a trade in, although I'm not sure if they still do that.

I agree with DWMAGGIE.  Magnarisers are the best upgrade you can do for the price.  I have the 3.7's, they ran out of power with 150 watts.  250 watts drives them well.  [Hegel].