BEST AC CORD UNDER 1000?

anybody has any suggestion for the best AC cord on the market?
i am upgrading all my system and need a set of AC cord, i am thinking to go with psaudio lab cable or black mamba, but after doing some research the whale elite seems to be popular, any recommendation?
dynamics20

Showing 1 response by tony007

Please add the Acoustic Zen powercords to that audition list. I use King Cobras V2's and a Hydra in my system. The Acoustic Zen powercords are nearly the equal to the V2's and in 1 respect better the V2 that was feeding the Art Audio Diavolo amplifier. The Zen made me aware of an edge or a fine grain that the V'2 was giving that amplifier. I feel that Zen's loss in that audible grain may have something to do with the conductor crystal technology. Only compared to the Zen I can't hear the grain but when it is removed you can hear it easily. The reduction in this grain I am referring to is apparent in my system with a brand new Zen powercord and no break whatsoever. Yes the Zen cords are getting even better but I do not have enough hours on them yet to fully comment. I do clean all electrical contacts religiously with very strong solvent cleaner. The Zen did come close the explosive dynamic capability of the V'2s when plugged into the Diavolo driving my Avantgarde Uno's. The V2's do remove another type of noise that gives great relief when it is removed. The Zen do have noise reduction but not to the level of the V'2s. I recommend the Zen powercords and King Cobra V2s without hesitation. They are definately must audition cords and will get your system that much closer to world class sound...