Bat VK250 / Pass X250.5?

Hello.
I'm looking for some of your ideas on those of you have experienced these amps with speakers about 88 dB/1WM, heck preferably my exact speakers...
I love acoustic Jazz/vocals, Blues, some classical, and like to play well recorded rock and pop as well (fairly ecclectic, save rap and real country)...
The amp/speaker/room I curently have are: ARC VT100MKII Dynaudio S3.4/medium sized (the speaks are about 9 feet apart pulled 4 feet from the rear wall; i sit about 9 feet from them, and I have about 15 feet behind me open. I love the VT100MKII on just about everything, except I think I have been experiencing compression at louder volumes with rock and pop. It is no way bad sounding, but I have heard these speakers snappier with drum transients; have heard them with much more slam and visceral impact...
I love the VT100 MKII and think the best possible outcome would be to have the exact traits but say triple the power for more dynamic slam at elevated levels. I have no interest in changing the speakers.
I have heard a Bat VK500 (w/ bat pak) with my speakers and while it had massive range and control, and transparency it was somewhat boring sounding (driven by a Cary SLP-05). Me and another dude both preferred the (less than half as powerful) ARC 100.2 (it was much more interesting/stirring to the ears). In fact the owner of the BAT sold his in hopes to find the 100.2...but they come up as rare as dynamic cd's. I have Not heard the VK 250 but the word on the street (AA) is that the VK250 is much better than the 200/500 generation.
I have heard great things about the Pass X250.5. I'm taking an educated guess here but I bet both the BAT and PASS would have the steam+headroom to take the dyns to a new dynamic level; however, I fear I would miss what I love about the sounds now, with the VT100 at the helm.

Any advice?
Thanks
Dave
128x128dpac996

Showing 1 response by hiend2