Basis 2500, 2800 or Debut - which would you use?

Hi fellow Audiogoners - I am giving serious consideration to acquiring either a Basis 2500, 2800 or Debut - which would you use and why? I look forward to your timely replies. Thanks very much.
rmarcus5757

Showing 2 responses by egrady

The Phantom verses Vector raises a point I'd like to make. There are many variables in optimizing the performance of your arm/cartridge. While the Vector can certainly be set up for optimal performance, I went with the Phantom Supreme because, in my opinion, it is easier to set up. Since I have no local dealer, nor am I well versed in mounting a cartridge while the arm is still on the table, I felt I could get much closer to 100% of optimal with the Supreme as opposed to the Vector.

Very slight changes in azimuth and VTA can make more of a difference in sound than the quality of the arm. That is, when you're talking about arms at this level. The Graham system allows even an idiot like me to come close to 100%. Even if the Vector 4 outperforms the Supreme on an absolute basis, I'm not sure I'd have the skills to obtain it.
Chayro, thats the whole point. With the Graham even a novice can mount and optimize the arm/cartridge as well as an expert.