B&W Matrix 802 series III or Soliloquy 6.3?

I need some advice on choosing between these two speakers. Any advice would be helpful, experiances with either speaker.

mikegeezee

Showing 1 response by clingman71

I have never heard the B&W, but own the Soliloquy. I am extremely happy with these. First, they are beautiful speakers which helps with spousal approval. They are the smoothest speakers that I have ever listened to, although I have not auditioned many beyond this pricepoint. The highs are silky smooth, detailed without being bright. The bass, wow, the bass is what sets these apart from others. It is solid. The thing I was most looking for when purchasing speakers was 1. being musical (Some speakers are more detailed, but this doesn't always translate to better sounding. I didn't want anything that sounded "clinical") 2. Non-fatiguing I wanted to be able to listen for hours without getting a headache. I've heard certain components(not just speakers) over the years that sounded great, for a short time, but you just couldn't listen for a long period of time. I believe that this has to do with a lack of a balanced sound (too bass heavy or too bright, too bright being the case most of the time.) 3. I also wanted a speaker that was versatile with different types of music. Some are good with chamber or orchestral music, some are good with acoustic music, some can rock. These are consistently good with all that I listen too. Hope this helps.