B&W 802 Bass Removal

There is a metal surround for the bass speakers on the B&W 802. It is held in place by six bolts which I have removed.
However, the surround still will not budge. I am probably
missing something basic. What is holding those things in place?
hpieszko
These are pressed in very tightly (nice build quality!). You have to get a small pick and just get it under the lip, and be ready, as it will come right out.

I had to replace my drivers and just did this a few months ago.
Its probably just stuck from being in there so long. Try taking the other one out. If that one comes out easy, it will confirm that the other speaker is stuck. With the other driver out, you should be able to put your hand inside the cabinet and push the other one out from behind. If the other one won't come out either, you'll need to get something like a hook and carefully pull the driver out. If you don't have any tools for this, a cheap set of automotive picks should work fine. You shouldn't have to spend any more than $10 on them. Once you see what they look like, using them is self explanatory. Just be sure to go in from one of the screw holes so you won't put any marks on the cabinet.
Just curious, but what driver is bad? There was somewhat of a mystery concerning the right lower woofer's going bad on the 802's. Mine went bad. So did the ones my two friends had. The 2 pairs that were in the store as demo's were bad. We couldn't figure out what was causing these things to go bad. My theory was that we all used the same test CD at one time or another, and there was something on it that the speaker just did not like to reproduce. But that was just a guess.
Hpieszko

B&W Service manuals with pictures can be found
here

Just select your speaker series from the drop down menu.

Good Luck
Thank you all for the help. I just wanted to be sure that there were no hidden fasteners that I would be ripping out.
It was the upper that was bad. I guess the automotive picks are the way to go.Incidentally, the defective driver is not noisy even if you push it in, and it does vibrate slightly so it may be just a loose connection....
Your speakers are known to have issues where the screws loosen up over time. There's a good chance that that's your problem.
Hpieszko

If the parts went on, they will come off, just be patience, steady and gentle. And don't attempt after a stressful day at work.

ZD542 - There was somewhat of a mystery concerning the right lower woofer's going bad on the 802's. Mine went bad. So did the ones my two friends had. The 2 pairs that were in the store as demo's were bad. We couldn't figure out what was causing these things to go bad. My theory was that we all used the same test CD at one time or another, and there was something on it that the speaker just did not like to reproduce.

I owned DM2000's , bought new back in the 80's ? Advertised as Digital Monitors no less. No issues for years mostly with vinyl but also CD 70/30 split. Passed speakers to my brother who still uses them today. Whenever he plays Pink Floyd The Wall CD , and "Comfortably Numb" at a certain same point near the end when the music is climaxing, it sets off the protection circuit on those speakers. This never happened with The Wall vinyl with me ever. If the speakers did not have a protection circuit automatically triggered who knows what would have happened to them with him.

What was your test cd ?
Success! A slightly bent pick did the trick. Its amazing
how easy this is if you know how. Thanks to you all.