B&W 800 D4's, Room size, & general Q's

Hey all,

Not sure if this was the appropriate sub-forum, I'm pretty new to all this stuff, and would appreciate any insight you can offer. I am building a new home (almost complete), and leaning towards adding a pair of B&W 800 series D4 to my office. The room is approximately 18'x17'x10'H. Not sure if this makes a difference, but my builder has sound proofed the right side wall where I plan to place the towers in front of (see picture link), as well as the ceiling. I'm not sure what he used to sound proof, but it's behind the dry wall & some wood paneling. In the pic, the "furniture" isn't to scale or anything, just a rough estimate. Link to room pic: https://imgur.com/a/MgpHATC

My questions:
  1. For this room size, would the B&W 802 D4 be the correct choice in the 800 series lineup? Or should I go bigger (801 D4) or smaller (803 D4)?
  2. Does it matter that my towers will be off center within the room itself?
  3. Would it be a waste to spend this much on a sound system when I did not specifically design the room to be used as a hifi listening room?
  4. What electronics would you recommend to pair with the B&W's? I was leaning towards all McIntosh.

My max budget is around $100,000 all in for this sound system. B&W 802 D4's + McIntosh would get me to around $50k, and I'd be content spending only that amount. That being said, I'm open to suggestions other than B&W and/or McIntosh electronics (i.e. if there are electronics that pair better with B&W). Thanks in advance!

Ag insider logo xs@2xbattbot
How has anyone heard the 800 d4s yet?  I own the 802d3 and all my local dealers don’t have d4.

btw, we have similar room dimensions and I went from 802d3 to 800d3 then back to 802d3
I would listen to some more speakers than b and w speakers, they are a big brand name but you can get a lot better sound elsewhere and the same with mcintosh electronics. At one point in time mac was the best or one of the best but that is no longer the case at all.
I'm using 802D's (powered by a Magnus Audio MA400 amp) along with two Tekton 4-10 sub towers in a 14 X 15 room & it sounds wonderful. But... these speakers sound best a few feet away from the walls. I'm not able to do that with my left channel (only about 2.5' away from the side wall) & it is a bit of a compromise. That stated, the size of your room would fit them very well. 
I always like the sound of my 801’s using Mark Levinson electronics.
The 801’s really sounded amazing powered with ML 20.6 power amps. Also used a ML 380 pre-amp.
So many choices.