B&K AVR 307 Repair or replace??

I have a 5.1 basic system with a B&K AVR 307 and M&K speaakers and sub. The reciever has 7 channels but I have 2 dedicated to my patio zone 2. It's served be well for 10 or so years. I don't use the receiver alot (surround system), but it's been great. Lately I've developed a buzzing sound inside the box, even when off (sleep mode). When I power it up the noise comes through the speakers as well. When I push the away button, lower front panel Rt. side. (the button used if your on vacation, et.) the noise stops. It's probably a power supply issue. B&K is no longer in business but a new company called 'Eastern Elite Audio Video' will troubleshoot the unit. Apparently they are former B&K people. My question is: Would it be practical to box this big 'ol unit up and send it to them in New York or get a new reciever? They charge $95.00 evaluation fee and $85.00 per hour to repair it, parts as required. If it's one of those 3 torridal transformers gone bad some real $$$ to fix. I paid around 2K for it, but we get alot more bang for the buck nowadays. Any opinions or recommendations on a new unit ($1500.00-2000.00)? I'd sure appreciate it and thanks... Respond via forum or [email protected].
steve72852

Showing 1 response by steuspeed

It might be cheaper just to pick up another used B&K unit. I see on their web site they were bought out by ATI. Did you contact them? [email protected]