Axiom M22 vs Triangle Titus + other 500 ramblings

I need some help out there from people who have heard a wide variety of speakers. I'm basicaly looking for help in forming a list of speakers that would somewhat match the following criteria. First, budget. Has to be under $600 new or used, and I don't care how old as long as in good working conditions. Second, sound. I'm looking for a fast speaker the has some warmth, but most importantly, has very smooth treble (i.e. no brightness). Third, size. The speaker has to be either a bookshelf speaker, or a small floorstander. Which one of these would fit these criteria- Magnepan MMG, Triangle Titus, Axiom M22, Dynaudio (various models)? Are there others in this price range I should look out for? The speakers will be used with a Rotel RCD-951 cd player and a Creek 4330 mkII integrated. Any help you can give me in finalizing my list is greatly appreciated.
petrtyl1

Showing 1 response by zaikesman

Try to see if you can listen to a used pair of Snell E's (small floorstanders, circa mid-90's), which should sell for well within your budget. Very articulate and neutral, and I think better balanced overall at their size and price than the larger upper-end Snell's were at the time. Of the others you mention, I've got experience only with the Maggie MMG's, and I don't think they're full-range enough (in either frequency response or dynamics) and lack the smoothness to compete with other used choices at your price point.