AV123 Mini; Salk HT3; Devore Gibbon Super 8

Has anyone heard any two or all of these speakers and can provide comparison for sound and build quality?
stan1ollie

Showing 4 responses by tawaundabomb

I'll be able to tell you guys pretty soon,im getting the Mini's,and im going to hear the HT-3's and the Super 8's here in the next few weeks,I should have some impressions for those who are interrested.Personally from the pricerange that most people Say the HT-3's play in it doesent really seem like the Mini and the Super 8 will be able to compete with them,even though both of these speakers perform well above their pricepoints,but HT-3's are touted to play in the super speaker tier,which is a huge jump even if the Super 8's and Mini's perform better than triple their price,which their both said to.
One thing I can say,I just got the Mini Strata's today,and their much much more impressive than I thought they would be,and beleive me I've listened to many many high dollar speakers,and these at least perform strongly at 6k,i mean at least,their isnt even anything close at their price.And people this is fresh out of the box with a SP-3 tube intergrated amp thats fresh out of the box,when they really break,I think they will be very special indead,and the build quality is astounding at this price and far above.

I already own 2 great monitors for reference the ACI Sapphire XL's and Epos M12.2 and both punch far above their price,the Mini's are far above both.I've also owned some more good speakers here's some of the ones I've owned:

Ohm Walsh 2
Focal Cobalt 816S
Focal Electra 926
Totem Model 1 Sigs
Totem Forest
Totem Arro
Polk Lsi 15
Odyssey Epiphony
Wharfedale Evo 40
Meadowlark Keistral

And all of these were very good at their price,and they handily outperform all of these,im a big fan of the B&W 804,the only one of the B&W's I like,which could'nt outperform my Electra 926's not many under 8k could from what I heard ,and I feel the Mini's beat them in any way,the 804's wont be able to mach up,I doubt the Super 8 would be able to match them either,neither just arent gonna play full range enough,but im still going to hear them anyway along with the Dali Helicon 400's which will play a little lower and be better comp.The HT-3's I cant wait to hear,even if the Mini's dont outperform them,which is likely,the Mini has to be the best speaker value out there,well fellas stay tuned i will have more in the coming days and weeks.....
Your right about that 1musiclover Jim Salk is a god when it comes to woodwork,and all the drivers are top class,and he has a magician in his corner for the crossover in Dennis Murphy,its pretty hard for them to be anything but world beaters,but the things the Mini's can do for half of the of the HT-3's already low price is amazing,and the Mini's had their own guru's at work on them to in Danny Richie and Mark Seaton.I cant wait to hear the HT-3's and Rick Craig of Selah Audio's 3-D and Danny Richie's LS-6's and OB-7's,im still gonna listen to the Super 8's and the Dali Helicon 400's although i know the Super 8's wont go deep enough in the bass the 400's may come up a bit short to, a listen to the Usher lineup is in order to.
Joey,truthfully I didnt expect the Mini's to be anywhere near as good as they are,but they are stunning and a absolute steal at their price,definetly a heafty contender up to about 5k to 8k,are you still listening to yours or have you went back to the Summits yet?