Audio Space CDP-8A vrs Jolida JD100A

Anyone listen to the newer Audio Space CDP-8A? Just read a couple of reviews 6moons.com and Affordable Audio that read well. Similiar price point to the older Jolida JD100A or modified JD100A? Wondering if any owners have compaired the two? I understand that Underwood Hi-Fi sells both, who I will contact shortly. Nice to get a Audiogon owner respond. My system has tubes..Quicksilver amps, Audible Illusions and Vandersteens...Thanks,
exocet954

Showing 1 response by detredwings

I have a modified Jolida in my office system. I did have it in my main system for a couple of years. I have Vandersteens and a modified Jolida 502 also. I felt the Jolida was pretty good. But I also felt it was missing something. It was much better after the mods but still I felt it was not what I really wanted. It lacked the top in sparkle I wanted and the weight in the low end. That was my equipment and my experience.

I did hear the CDP-8A at the Guangzhou Hi-fi show last year. It was used with a complete Audio Space system. The Reference mono block amps and preamp. They also used the Audio Space monitors. I was really impressed with the sound. I think I still might buy the amps.

But I did not have it in my own system so ? I end up changing to the Rega Apollo and then finally the Esound Reference cd player. My gut feeling is the CDP-8 would be a better choice. But in the world of audio it's all up to you and your ears. Enjoy!