Audio Physic Virgo 3 vs. Usher's Compass 8571??

I have seen numerous ads for the Usher speaker line manufactured in Taiwan. Maybe I am overally suspicious, but who is Usher and are their speakers "hi-end" products??. Also, Usher's 8571 and Audio Physic's "new" Virgo 3 are almost the same retail price. Has anyone heard or auditioned these two speakers, or even owned them?? (I have heard and read that the Virgo 3 is bright and not the equal of Virgo 2 in smoothness---which is hard to believe) Nevertheless, I am curious how these two speakers, the Virgo 3 and Usher 8571 "stack up" against each other. Both have beautiful cabinet work. Unfortunately, the Usher models are not a household word like the legendary Virgos. All opinions welcomed!!
sunnyjim

Showing 1 response by royy

I have the Virgo 3's and the sound is very neutral and revealing. I've read some people says it's bright, that is only true if the rest of your system is bright. My Virgo's doesn't sound bright at all and my system consists of all solid state YBA2 preamplifier, Gamut D200 and Rega Jupiter. Some people says that the Virgo II is better than the Virgo 3. I guess the designer of Audio Physic speakers has a hearing problem releasing a newer version of their speaker that is inferior to the predecessor.