Audio Aero Capitole 24/192 too foward and bright?

Does anyone else feel this player (MKI) is too foward sounding and bright? It sounds as though the voices are too foward and separate from the rest of the music. The sound is extremely clear, but almost too clear. It doesn't have that warm, rich analog sound that everyone raves about. I believe my player is fully burned in. How many hours are required to fully burn in this player? Does it get better with extended use? I have never heard of anyone complain of this. I would appreciate anyone's experience with this player. Thanks so much!
musicmannj

Showing 3 responses by sos

I don't carry the Capitol but we have had it in here for comparisons when we do shootouts between different CD players.

We have always considered the EMC 1 and the Capitol to sound not the same but very similar in that they go in the same direction. They are both very dynamic and transparent and I can see where on certain discs that maybe considered a touch bright especially with certain equipment.

Depending on your system you may need to make some minor changes. The most seductive CD player that we have experienced is the AudioMeca Mephisto 2. I happen to be a dealer for that player but I also carry the EMC 1.

I will state that most people seem to like the dynamics and transparency that the EMC 1 and Audio Aero represent. I love both players but my personal taste leans toward the Mephisto 2 because I like being seduced into the music. I love the very deep and lush soundstage. The Mephisto is just as transparent but presents the music in a softer ambience. It is just a personal preference flavor issue.

You did not mention how long you have been breaking it in but don't judge it till you have several hundred hours.

There is no one best anything in audio.

Look on the positive side. If it is not your cup of tea at least it is a hot item and you will be able to turn it quickly.
J Tinn I thought I spoke very highly of the Audio Aero. But let me correct you on some misconceptions. I was sent a unit to evaluate. I chose not to carry the unit not because I did not consider the Audio Aero a wonderful CD player but because I was told that when they came out with the new player at a lot more money that they were changing the chassis. It is a personal thing but I just don't like the looks of the player.

So I was never refused the opportunity the carry the line since I never requested to carry the line. I mentioned the Mephisto and the EMC 1 so that he could have some correlation between other players in the market place and how they sound different.

I know you are a great believer in going direct but I will tell you I personally believe the Audio Aero, as the Accuphase 75 V which also has volume control both sound better using a good preamp.

I am surprised that you would attack me in a round about way. What is your motivation. The Audio Aero is loved by everyone that hears it. I like the way it sounds and stated so. But I cannot believe that your feelings are left in shambles if some one does not believe that it is the ultimate digital piece in the universe. Rest assured there are many other people that purchase other products. But if it makes you feel better more power to you.
Please, do check your sources before you state things that are not the case. Life is too priceless to spend it taking cheap shots at people that you obviously do not know!

Hopefully enough said. I wish you no ill will. I just don't like things said or implied that are not true. I realize communications can sometimes get crossed up and I am sure that is what happened in this case. Just don't be so protective. Lighten up this is just a hobby!