ATI 2007 or ATI 1807

I am contemplating on one of the above. I have a small listening HT room
10ft x 10ft and I am presently using a Yamaha AVR RXA-3010 in a 9.2 set up.
I am planning to hold on to the Yamaha for now and use it as a pre-amp and buy a ATI 1807 or a 2007 for better dynamics and so on..
It their a huge improvement in sound quality with the ATI 2007 to justify the extra cost over the 1807?
I would be most grateful for any advice please.
morganmadden

Showing 3 responses by dtc

I do not remember all the details, but at least the 3007 requires a 20 amp circuit. If I remember correctly the 2007 comes with a 20 amp plug, although I think it does not require a 20 amp circuit like the 3007. Just something to think about.

I run a 2006 with an old Yamaha receiver and am very pleased with it. However, I do have a separate amp for my mains, which are part of a 2 channel hybrid system. The ATI replaced a B&K 200.7 and I find the ATI a much smoother sound.
The 2007 is fully balanced from input to output.The 1807 is not. The circuitry is fully balanced, not just the inputs. That cuts down on noise with the unit itself. So, the difference is more than just balanced connections. That said, I have never compared the 2007 to the 1807, but I am happy with my 1807.

I agree with Bob on the general characteristics of the sound, at least for the 1807.
Congratulations! I really think ATI should be better known. Excellent amps. Also heard good things about the Yamaha. Enjoy :)