Arguments devolve on threads to wordsmithing contests

Why is it that so many well-intentioned threads devolve into wordsmithing contests? Is it necessary to argue about the meaning of posts when the language thereof is reasonably clear on its face?
128x128celander
Post removed 
Reminds me of an article about reading comprehension wherein the author provided an example of a paragraph including misspellings of every word. No issues with reading it. Lol
I think we need to remind ourselves this is a forum for us all to learn by.  I am new to this hobby and have lots to learn.  I am grateful all of the discussions, as I have and continue to learn more about what makes sound as close to perfect as possible.  I think we also need to all realize that most of us are more involved with the quality of sound produced based on different equipment than the music itself.  I am sure guilty of this.  I appreciate the discussions and I hope no one will be intimidated to share their thoughts, right or wrong, in the future.
@celander - It deosn’t mttaer in waht oredr teh ltteers in a wrod aer, the olny iprmoetnt tihng is taht teh frist adn lsat ltteer be in teh rghit pclae. The rset can be a toatl mses adn yuo can sitll raed it wouthit porbelm. Tihs is bcuseae the huamn mnid deos not raed ervey lteter by istlef, btu teh wrod as a wlohe.