Are most recordings so bad it's not worth spending large on speakers?

In my interest in finding a speaker with a more lifelike sounding speaker than most monopole - e.g. (bipole, dipole, omnis) I emailed Morrison at Morrison Audio about his omni speakers, which for full range are around $14k. I explained I use my speakers with my TV, and to listen to folk, jazz, blues, some rock.

His response re my music choices, was, "The recordings are dreadful in terms of a lifelike reproduction. You needn’t spend so much on speakers. A monopole pattern is just fine since that is what the recordings are tailored for."

Comments?

cdc2
This is not true as i have many great recordings such as Mercury,RCA,Decca(England),EMI(England) and British Columbia all classical all sound wonderful.
I have been struck with how wonderfully some early recordings can be and how horrible a few later recordings are.
It’s "Dynamic Range Compression" in the newer ones, read my last post as sample of the same album, new release vs original release.
http://dr.loudness-war.info/album/list?artist=Sade&album=Diamond+Life

Cheers George
cdc2

I believe we talked about Morrison loudspeakers. You asked me questions that I thought I answered to the best of my abilities and understanding of Morrison Models. Most of my experiences with the speakers are detailed here on AG, that's how cdc2 found me

I'm familiar with the Hageman speakers and the design progress throughout the years and finally the Morrisons. My first pair were the Model 11. The price was affordable enough for me to take a chance. If it were not for the stellar performance of this small model 11 I would not have moved up to the 17, 19, 19.1 and the model 37 sub. After living with the Model 11 for a while I took a trip to Toronto and listened to the 17 in his living space - next purchase.  On my second Morrison trip I stayed for 5 days and purchased 19. - fortunately I had accumulated the vacation time for these excursions.

The "grip or stop and go action" of the two drivers working in concert emanating from a point-source arrangement create a very enjoyable illusion. I said this before, these speaker lack a review but you can talk to Morrison about that. I mentioned to cdc2 that I was looking to sell my unused pair of 19.1. After 2 years of living in our new home, my wife are going to move again to a two level walk-up.There definitely won't be any room for much, that's where the Model 11 comes in. But truly, I haven't advertised the Model 19.1 because, they're just that good.

Conclusion: In this hobby I can't tell you how important it is that when you have the opportunity to hear before you purchase, take that opportunity. No one can hear for you, and all of the blog responses are opinions. Be your own Guru. Morrison and the late Richard Shahinian are about the illusion of live music.

Give the speakers a listen because when they get reviewed he'll have to hire 2 people to keep up with the demand and the price will have to go up to pay them.
lifelike sounding speaker..
Watch this live recording video. These speakers' transparency and imaging are the best I have heard. 
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_HyC96D3N5s
I have questioned the original statement on and off for many years. There is no doubt that there is a ton of poorly recorded music out there. I wouldn't think that anyone would disagree with that. However, there is also a lot of very good to excellently recorded music as well. 
An example of what I think is poorly recorded and yet consists of great music......are the recordings of Adele ( a huge shame, IMHO). For some reason, her LP's sound like...c...p.Yet, there is no doubt that she has some great music. The question is do you want to listen to Adele on the BIG rig...I think not, which is a pity. BUT, if you own the BIG rig, then listening to Adele is going to allow you to hear these LP's in the best possible light....and maybe that is good enough...No?