Aragon 8008bb/Mk. 2

Any thoughts on this amp and how it might compare to current designs.  Strengths and weakness.  Pre amp and cable recommendations.    

Thank you.
adiorio

Showing 4 responses by adiorio

Thank you for the feedback.  I appreciate it.  I'm looking at a Parasound Halo a21 as well which I think might be a more refined musical amp?  Also, any experience with either Acoustic Zen or Audioquest? 
Thank you for the follow up.  I have heard good things about Clear Day and WyWires as well.  I have owned AQ in the past, but I think AZ offers allot of performance for the money.  My pre amp will probably be an Audio Research although the JC 2 Halo pre amp is very good too.  Have you had any luck with power cords?  I have had both JPS and Shunyata.  
I'm thinking about a LS 17SE pre amp with the A21.  I hear that the Kimber power cords are very good for the money  Pretty neutral.  In order to really get top performance from Shunyata you have to buy the Alpha series and up.  I have not heard power cords from the other brands mentioned.     
Sounds good.  The LS 17SE is indeed a great piece.  Some would say the LS 27 is a bit better but mot that much for the extra money. I agree balanced is the way to would go for ARC.  I noticed Music Direct is offering AQ Colorado interconnects for half off brand new.  Are you familiar with these?