Anyone compared Sennheiser HD800 S with Beyerdynamic T1.1?

Hej

I’m looking for a new pair of headphones with a bigger soundstage than my Beyerdynamic T1.1. I’ve read so much good about the Sennheiser HD800 S so I had to try them out. But I wasn’t impressed as I thought I would be. Okay, the soundstage was broader, but not that deep. Sometimes this broad soundstage felt too much and a little messy. The sound of the strings on acoustic instruments had a more natural and cleaner attack, but the instrument sounded like they lacked body. Sounded thinner.
Anyone else who felt this about the HD800 S?

Sorry if my English got a little weird here and there. I hope you understand what I’m trying to say😀
simna

Showing 1 response by jim204

Have you ever thought that what you want in a headset amounts to heavy colouration and not what the maker designed them for which is to provide a very clean uncoloured sound . I have a pair of 800s but have to say they don't open up until they have lots of hours on them. When I bought mine I nearly took them back to the dealer but he told me to play a disc on repeat for the equivalent of a couple of weeks and then listen. It was a completely different beast altogether , suddenly the brittle treble disappeared and the bass did get decidedly fuller. The thinness  that is being put around is probably because we are all used to listening to bloated bass anyway.