Any Rotel love around here? Looking to power my Sonus Faber Olympica 3

Looking to power my Sonus Faber Olympica 3.  

I am going to use these speakers in my family room, my wife really wants me to complete this system soon so we can play christmas music and she can finally watch TV with some good sound. 

I am looking at possibly Rotel power for this. 

Either the integrated solution: 
Rotel RA1592

Or going separates:
Rotel RC1570 or RC1590 preamp
Rotel RB1582mk2 or RB1590 amp. 

Thoughts?

Thanks!
joey_v

Showing 6 responses by 4425

My humble opinion is that a speaker of that quality deserves a shot at a JRDG integrated or a Krell etc. just bias but can't see Rotel w SF. Levinson makes a nice integrated too. I'm assuming that given the cost of the speakers you'll want all of the system to be special. just an opinion
newer Krell actually sounds great. some people don't like looks which is fine. A few older models w more classic design out there too. need to audition if possible. I don't think Rotel will be in Krell's or JRDG's league. IMO. Beyond budget but a used Dartzeel integrated would be the holy grail. What about a used Boulder integrated? Many great choices to go with such a fine speaker.

Left out the Levinson 585. Another excellent integrated that fits the quality of your speakers. Heck ARC and CJ make integrateds. Just can't imagine Rotel with the SF you've bought. 

I think it would be a mistake to not at least check out Krell Digital Vanguard. I think it has the features you want and based on a Krell Chorus amp I have in a second system it's not the brighter Krell of years past. Very musical. Also have a Krell Foundation which is a complicated unit and it operates beautifully and sounds great. I will admit that I was surprised at quality of sound. Chorus amp was equal of Pass 250.8 which I had on hand at same time. I have no motive in this discussion other than to see those great speakers get special treatment up front. Spearit Sound might send out a demo which would be well worth it or pick one up on this site at a low risk price. It won't disappoint IMO.
Post a Krell thread and see what turns up concerning the new generation. 
Given the cost and quality of the speakers still think the Krell Digital Vanguard or std Vanguard should be checked out. Something out of whack here but none of my business. 

Don't mean to offend. I just never would have thought of mating Rotel with your fine speakers. Whether right or wrong I've always considered Rotel a good mid level company like others here. I won't inject myself into something that's none of my business again but one last time I will suggest that you take a look at the Krell Digital Vanguard on their website before you decide. Can be purchased with good discounts as well. Enough said and best wishes.