Any owner thoughts on the Belle 350A amp?

Hello,

I have been looking for a new amp and the Belles 350a has peaked my interest. What are your thoughts for those who own this amp and others you compared it to? Other amps of interest would be the Sim W5, Blue Circle BC 8 monoblocks or Herron 150 amp. I am currently using the Herron VTSP-1A pre amp so input impedence is a possible issue to consider. Thanks.
goose

Showing 2 responses by grandpad

Haven't heard the Belles or Sim amps, but have been able to audition the BC8s and Herron 150s with the Herron VTSP-1A, which I also own. First these are both great amps, and in the end the choice is reaaly a matter of personal preferences.

To my ear the Blue Circle's are a bit more extended and detailed, the Herron's warmer and more organic. Both image very well with wide, deep soundstages. You didn't mention your speakers, mine are the Von Schweidert VR5-HSEs.
Haven't heard the Belles or Sim amps, but have been able to audition the BC8s and Herron 150s with the Herron VTSP-1A, which I also own. First these are both great amps, and in the end the choice is really a matter of personal preferences.

To my ear the Blue Circle's are a bit more extended and detailed, the Herron's warmer and more organic. Both image very well with wide, deep soundstages. You didn't mention your speakers, mine are the Von Schweidert VR5-HSEs.