Any opinons on McIntosh 7084 tuner?

Any info would be appreciative including manufacturing years it was made. Thanks, Steve
It sounds great but does not have the capability (specs) of the previous Mc tuners - even the other digital ones. If you have local stations you want to listen to now and then, it is a fine sounding tuner. It was also less costly than the previous generation ones. In all regards, I would definately have a good outside antenna before judging a tuner (otherwise it's kind of like judging a symphony conductor with his hands tied).
I agree with Sal. I was in the market for a new tuner and considered buying a used 7084 because it is remote controllable via my C15 preamp. I had heard one a year or so and thought it sounded very good. Long story short,I passed on it because it had a lamp out ($150 Repair). I looked at many nice tuners : NAD S400,Classe CT10 ,Mac MR 85,Perraux,and Magnum Dynalab. I kept going back to the Magnum Dynalab MD 90. It is an analog tuner that in my opinion is superior to any tuner I've ever heard. I bought one and a ST 2 antennea and love it . It pulls in stations I never knew exsisted. I never thought FM could be this good. If you shop around you can find one new for what you'd pay for a used 7084. It is a purchase you won't reget. Good luck
I've owned one and the only reason I did was because it matched my other Mac stuff. My older 78 was far better in every respect including looks. I'm sorry I let it go - it was mint, one owner,etc.
I own one and do not like it. It does not pull in distant stations like my McIntosh MR500 does. I believe it would be fine for anyone who listens to close stations or high wattage stations. Or any area with alot of close stations. But to me it is a piece of electronic junk. I listen to weak FM and distant stations. Do not have outside attenna though. Older McIntosh tuners are better.
It was sold beginning in 1995 - search the history of Mcintosh via Roger Russell or sundial.net for more on it.