Any JBL 1400 Synthesis Array owners

I have a pair and am interested in what amps you have tried and the results. I am currently using a 70 wpc tube amp to great effect. I will also try the Quicksilver 90wpc Silver Mono and MFA M 200 in 100 wpc triode mode. The Bryston 14BSST is great but too heavy for me so I reluctantly sold it. Perhaps trying a 3 BSST in the future for a SS alternative.
Using an Aesthetix Calypso preamp.
PT
plasmatech

Showing 2 responses by ostensible_constituency

@tlong1958:

How do the 4367s compare to the Array 1400s, and what did you do with your Arrays? 

I think I might have encountered a similar deal and all that I can tell from the specs alone is that the 4367 is sort of a hybrid 2/3 way design and it's much more efficient (94dB vs. 87 or 88dB), so likely easier to drive.

But what about sound quality?  When considering the fact that the 4367 will logically be louder for a given setting, what other differences are there? I'm pretty impressed with the 1400 Array and I don't have the option of listening to the 4367s (unless I take a plane flight and hear them in a strange room, probably equalized), so I'm genuinely curious. Are yours equalized? What do you prefer in the 1400s and what do you prefer in the 4367? 
Disagree on the comment that the 1400s compress. Might have been an amplifier problem because I've pushed mine very hard using a 400WPC amp and they sound exactly the same but louder the higher the volume.