Andrew Singer Of "Sound by Singer" passed away yesterday

Andy Singer who owned an audio store in Manhattan and was also a lawyer, passed away yesterday.  I was friends with him on Facebook and found him to be quite a fascinating person.  He was opinionated and was never afraid to speak his mind.  He knew a lot about high end audio and much more.  I will miss him. Rest in Peace Andy.

128x128stereo5

Honestly to turn you away from the store just because you don’t look like you can afford their stuff. That really hurt most of us. I was treated the same. Where they won’t even say hello , and they ignore me even if I asked.In this when people passed it’s your legacy that will be mentioned. I agree when you drive mercedes and they see you? The treatment is different.

Steve Guttenberg had a nice remembrance of Andy today...

two main takeways for me watching this lovely tribute

1) it is about the passion, the experience, the joy that great music played through a great system affords

2) the friendship and bond created by a shared passion that shapes lives in a positive way, is enduring and heartwarming

🙏💟

I had been going to the store on 15th Street since the late 80’s. I wore jeans and a tee shirt and didn’t wear jewelry, never mind a Rolex. I first bought some Cardas cables there, which were recommended by Andy. I went back there for a few years and eventually bought a CAT preamp. I never had a problem there. Everyone was nice to me. I didn’t know Andy that well but we spoke about equipment and he let me listen to a few really good systems with CAT preamps, which is why I brought one. RIP Andy and thanks for your recommendations,  allowed me to really enjoy my music.

Sorry for those last couple of lines.  I don’t know what happened there , but it should have read allowing.