Amplifiers:A Keeper for Life. Do you know of one ?

Just wondering, with this audio merry-go-round of buying and selling, if anyone has an amp that will be a keeper for life. I haven't yet but came verrrry close once...
sonicbeauty
My like new, refurbished Krell KSA250. Sounds about as good as it gets to me. Also, it just looks cool knowing you have a massive power amplifier that will drive any known speaker load on the planet. Overloading this monster is just about inconceivable!
Edge NL 12.1s are definite "keepers". I have owned two, still have one after the move from HT+2channel to 2channel a couple of years ago and have not heard anything in the solid state world that approaches it for the sound quality and musicality I want in my system. This, at least to me, is a 'destination' piece of gear.
I've had this amp for about 15 years and still love it. I use it purely via the CD inputs with passive preamp in front of it thus cutting out the preamp circuit in the amp. I also have a bass amp on my subwoofers and the crossover lightens the bass burden on the amp.

Still going strong... but then again, I'm an oldtimer!

Steve Silberman
Unfortunately the perfect amplifier does not exist like everything else ,, however the best for the price I have found is the New Quad QSP but it does not like being switched off directly from a wall socket in the UK unlike any other amp that I have tried. Also I recommend avoiding Class D amplifiers.
For me, a McIntosh 2105. I have had several other amps, (other Macs, Pass Labs, DeHavilland and Quicksilver) and I'm sure that I will have others, but it is such a soulful amp, and I have had it for so long that I will never part with it. Classic.